~主婦H~

many people will walk in and out of your life,
but only true friends
will leave footprints in your heart

The New Apartment

Welcome to my new home!























Oh, I head my doorbell ring!





 




I press the monitor button  to see who it is and, op! It's you!
Then I press the speakerphone and let you know I'll be right there!
But first I water my purple heart because it's more important. (Just kidding~)












Here is the entrance from my side..








I open the door and...






Well hello there! (Am I being too corny? yes :D)

On the right, the first door is the toilet, the second door is the laundry room and bath~
On the left, first we have the shoe closet and then the door to the rest of the apartment.
Please take off your shoes before entering! Thank-you!












Whats that? You need to use the restroom? Here you are~
Don't forget to flush, and please feel free to play with the seat heater and water spray~ It will clean your bum and other parts for you :D













Ahh, I see you noticed my lovely kitty toilet brush. (Yes I'm still in the bathroom with you.) I splurged a little ($20) because it just matched everything so well!











Seeing as you're not used to the sinks behind the toilet in Japan, you can use the sink in the laundry room. Here's the entrance! Its called Noren, most commonly used in restaurants and businesses as both shading and advertisement space. They are also used in homes however, as walls, curtains and/or doors. I thought it would fit here nicely






Here is the actual door behind the curtain!
Be careful not to trip on the raised ledge.. Oh but you already tripped into the bathroom, eh? Sorry about that~









Here you go, wash up!














If you have any dirty clothes to wash, please add them to the pile! I'll get to them later~










If you' like a long hot soak or just a quick shower after your hard journey this is the room! The bath will cover you till you neck and above, and the temperature is alterable.





Just make sure to wash your body and hair before getting in~ Don't worry, there is plenty of soap!








When you're done, this room becomes a giant dryer! :D







When we head into the living space, the first object that will catch your eye is the TV. It's actually a lot bigger than the picture seems to show! And the stand that its sitting on was hand built by me! (put together from a box)

IT TOOK 6 HOURS. @.@;;




AND HERE... is the living room! It's kind of not completley finished, but its homey and comfortable. You should feel the rug, its gorgeously soft~ The table that we wanted was out of stock for 3 weeks, so we ordered it anyways and then bought the current table for $20. Notice that everything except for one chair is dark brown.. Guess who's chair that is? If you said mine, you're wrong. : D J refused to get a seat cover, so it is now the only thing that stans out.. oh well. Once we get the actual kotatsu (a table with a heater attached to the bottom with a blanket raped over top), I'm going to add more silver, purple and red touches. But you should be able to see the silver and purple of the curtains. The blanket for the table is a soft gorgeous silver and brown faux rabbit fur.. its so soft! (sorry clara D:) Some purple and red pillows, and one more large bookshelf against the empty wall space, and this room will be complete!




Ahh, I see you noticed the sun is setting from behind the curtains! Lets go take a look!










Beautiful isn't it? It looks like the countryside, but we are actually located in a relatively large city.

And right on top of a river~








To your left, you will see my precious kitchen~
I recently bough the cabinet you see for more storage space. And for a place to put the rice cooker, toaster and microwave.







Here is another panorama! Welcome to my kitchen! It's very small so we will have to squish in between counters. You can see my lovely giant fridge on the right with our bottle and glass garbage bags beside it for lack of anywhere else to put them.Then we have the sink, with pans an cutting boards and various utensils hanging for quick use, and bowl and glasses above resting to dry.next is the small space for preparing food, followed by the stove. Hungry? Well, I'm currently cooking a secret family recipe of beef that will surely delight you~ Despite the fact it looks like cat food (or so J says). Between the fridge and the cooking area, I have my white board where I write down everything that needs to be purchased the next day, and what I will be cooking for food each week, along with various other notes~




Here is my fridge, currently decorated with 20% off coupons for the supermarket across the street, pictures of family, and some recipes. Oh, and a timer, courtesy of Wendy, the prep queen of Samurai Noodle, my old work place~






This is my lovely cupboard that stands at 4 feet tall, 3 feet wide, and 1.5 feet thick.

She cost me $200 :D












This reason..








And this reason, are why I love these shelves so much.

This also took me 5 hours to build.. x.x;

You can see the pretzels and oatmeal I got from Costco! But that's another post.







This is another part of the apartment that I like! This is built in under the sink and holds 4 knives :D








Oh! I didn't even think to ask if you were tired! Well I am now a little too, so lets head to the bedroom! The guestroom is still kind of messy and filled with suitcases so..






Well, you can borrow some of J's or my PJs if you forgot to bring your own. Here's the closet~











This is where J and I will be sleeping if you need us. You can sleep in the living room for now, theres plenty of space. Do you want to borrow a stuffed animal? I have plenty :D





 Yay for glow in the dark wall decos!


Good night, room. Good night, moon.
Good night, cow jumping over the moon.
Good night, light and the red balloon.
Good night, bears. Good night, chairs.
Good night, kittens. Good night, mittens.
Good night, clocks. Good night, socks.
Good night, little house. Good night, mouse.
Good night, comb. Good night, brush.
Good night, nobody. Good night, mush.
Good night to the old lady whispering, "Hush."
Good night, stars. Good night, air.
Good night, noises everywhere.

3 comments:

Nice home!!! I feel so welcome after reading your post. The best part of your apartment is the toilet, so cool hahaha. Also love the matching bathroom decor :)

 

HEATHER!!! THIS LOOKS AWESOME!!! I LOVE IT!! NOW YOU"RE GETTING ME EXCITED ABOUT MY FUTURE HOME WITH MY HUBBY!...... I"VE ALREADY PLANNED IT!!!! ITS GOING TO BE YELLOW!!! and blue on the inside because he wants a say in things.. lol.. BUT I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! I LOVE THE COMMENTS! MADE THE TOUR SO MUCH FUN!! LOL.... i cant wait to see it myself... LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! <3

-Bao

 

nok nok hu dat?
no me no
no me no hu
no me no yu move dare

 

Post a Comment